19303 Fremont Ave. N. Seattle, WA 98133 - Contact Us
International Students are Welcome at King's Schools
King's Schools is SEVIS approved and authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.
If you are an international student or parent interested in learning more about academic excellence at King's Schools please contact Charissa Matthias , Admissions Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please complete the following steps:
Steps in the Admissions Process:
Submit an online application, including all parts and additional materials listed below, with a non-refundable application fee of $100 per student.
Submit additional supplemental materials to email@example.com.
Most recent two completed years of academic records.
One teacher recommendation.
Completed family information sheet.
Copy of passport.
Copy of current visa, if available.
When the application file is complete, the school office will contact you for next steps in the admissions process, which may include a student interview and additional testing. An in-person interview is preferred, although an interview may be conducted via Skype if necessary.
Following acceptance, a notification will be sent from the business office to the email address of the guardian with instructions to complete an online enrollment process, including registering for Smart Tuition and payment of a non-refundable registration fee of $225.
Once the online enrollment process is complete, an I-20 will be issued for the student to obtain their F-1 Visa and finalize their travel plans to arrive for the start of school.
English proficiency exam: (Please note: Students who have studied in the United States for at least one year at the time of attendance do not need to take an English proficiency exam). Students who have successfully completed Level 5 at A.C.E. Language Institute will also be eligible to apply to King’s Schools.
- Admission to Junior High:
- iTEP SLATE PLUS: Score of 3.7 or better for all incoming 7th and 8th grade students.
- Admission to High School:
- iTEP SLATE PLUS:
- 9th and 10th grade: required score of 4 or better.
- 11th grade: required score of 5 or better.
- 12th grade: required score of 6 or better.
- TOEFL: score of 61 or better for all incoming 9th through 12th grade students.
- IELTS: score of 6.0 or better for all incoming 9th through 12th grade students
- Grades 2-6: It is expected that Elementary students will live with their natural parents while attending King's Elementary School. Exceptions may be considered on a case by case basis. We ask that the student be available for an in-person interview; testing may be required; and, they should be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Copy of student passport*
- Application fee of $100
- Copy of Visa, if applicable
Additional documents that are needed PRIOR to enrollment:
- Copy of I-20 Transfer Form, if already a student in the United States
- Proof of Insurance for September 1 – June 30 of the intended year of study
There is no specific deadline for application by international students; however, I would encourage you to allow a minimum of six weeks to complete the enrollment process and receive your I-20. This does not include the time you may need to obtain an F-1 Visa from your home country. Fall semester begins in early September and Spring semester begins in late January each year.
King's Schools do not offer any ESL courses, but we have a partnership with the intensive English programs at A.C.E. Language Institute. King's requires that International students enter the school year at grade level, proficient in English with a minimum TOEFL score of 61, IELTS score of 6.0, or completion of Level 5 at A.C.E. Language Institute.
Guardian and Host Family Information
King's Schools does not offer boarding for International students and requires that all International students not living with their natural parent(s) must submit the name and contact information of their legal guardian who lives in the United States, over the age of 30. Guardian information must be provided to complete the online application for admission. If the student will not be living with the guardian, a host family living in close proximity to King's, over the age of 30, must be secured and their contact information provided in the online application as well. It is the responsibility of the student to make their own arrangements for a guardian/host family while attending King's Schools.
* Please Note: To be admitted as a student at King's, a completed application, including all of the pieces mentioned above, must be submitted to the Admissions Office. Once received, the student or his/her guardian will be contacted for next steps in the admissions process. Once accepted, you or your child's guardian will receive an enrollment contract. When the contract is signed and returned with a non-refundable registration fee of $225, your child will be considered an enrolled student at King's Schools.
King's Schools may issue an I-20, as needed, upon receipt of all the above documents, completion of a successful interview, and receipt of completed enrollment contract with $225 non-refundable registration fee.