19303 Fremont Ave. N. Seattle, WA 98133 - Contact Us
International Students are Welcome at King's Schools
King's Schools is SEVIS approved and is proud to welcome international students.
If you are an international student or parent interested in learning more about academic excellence at King's Schools please contact Carrie Edwards , Admissions Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please complete the following steps:
Steps in the Admissions Process:
Submit a completed application, including all parts and additional materials listed below, with a non-refundable application fee of $100 per student.
When the application file is complete, the school office will contact you to schedule an interview. The interview may be conducted via Skype if the student does not currently live in the area.
An interview will be conducted and students may be tested before placement.
Following acceptance, a notification will be sent from the business office to the email address of the host family with instructions to complete an online enrollment process, including registering for Smart Tuition and payment of a non-refundable registration fee of $225.
Once the online enrollment process is complete, an I-20 will be issued for the student to obtain their F-1 Visa and finalize their travel plans to arrive for the start of school.
- Completed International Application
- Application Packet - International Students (Elementary, Grades 1-6)
- Application Packet - International Students (Secondary, Grades 7-12)
- Korean student information (페이지: 한국 학생 입학 전형 [한글])
- Certificate of Immunization Status – MUST be submitted on official Washington state Department of Health form (see last page of application packet)
- TOEFL Certification with a score of 61 or better; or, an IELTS score of 6.0 or better (For grades 9-12 only; grade 7-8 does not need a TOEFL score)
- Copy of student passport*
- Application fee of $100
Additional documents that are needed PRIOR to enrollment:
- Copy of Visa, if applicable
- Copy of I-20 Transfer Form, if already a student in the United States
- Proof of Insurance for September 1 – June 30 of the intended year of study
There is no specific deadline for application by international students; however, I would encourage you to allow a minimum of six weeks to complete the enrollment process and receive your I-20. This does not include the time you may need to obtain an F-1 Visa from your home country. Fall semester begins September 5, 2012; spring semester begins January 29, 2013.
King's Schools do not offer any ESL courses. King's requires that International students enter the school year, at grade level, proficient in English with a TOEFL score of 61 or better. King's will consider an IELTS score of 6.0 or better, if a TOEFL score is not available.
King's Schools does not offer boarding for International students and requires that all International students not living with their natural parent(s) or guardian reside with a host family over 30 years of age in proximity to King's Schools. It is the responsibility of the student to make their own arrangements for a host family while attending King's Schools.
* Please Note: To be admitted as a student at King's, a completed application, including all of the pieces mentioned above, must be submitted to the Admissions Office. Once received, the student will be contacted for an interview (which may be done via Skype) in order to be accepted as a student. Once accepted, you or your child's host family will receive an enrollment contract. When the contract is signed and returned with a non-refundable registration fee of $225, your child will be considered an enrolled student at King's Schools.
King's Schools may issue an I-20, as needed, upon receipt of all the above documents, completion of a successful interview, and receipt of completed enrollment contract with $225 non-refundable registration fee.